Monday, May 14, 2007

Orioles, Thrashers and Bleeding Hearts

Remember in one of my previous posts, I had a picture of a mockingbird in a tree in the distance? Well, what I thought was a mockingbird is indeed a brown thrasher! Here he is on our front lawn, foraging for a meal!




It seems that the oriole too is very hungry ...here he is trying to sip a meal from the hummingbird feeder and he is NOT pleased when the hummingbird shows up!




The bleeding hearts are out in full bloom so a chance to try the close-up feature on the camera!


4 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger far north fagans said...

very beautiful oriole picture, I wish we got them up here. Apparently there are cardinals, and I have heard them, but yet to see one. Don't they make oriole feeders? You should indulge that guy with one.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes they make oriole feeders. My neighbor has one but the oriole goes to the hummingbird feeder instead. Must be 'my' oriole!!!!!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger harpstrings said...

Great pictures as usual. We don't have orioles either, I don't think-better check my list before saying for sure.
I don't recognize many of the sounds I hear in the trees.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger harpstrings said...

apparently we get an occasional Bullock's Oriole out here-haven't seen one, but saw a mourning dove the other day-quite rare apparently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home